-->

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I've never been a big one for making New Year's Resolutions, although I've made them in the past and actually stuck with a few for awhile. Resolutions for positive change are noble initiatives whenever they're made, and I remain optimistic about our ability as human beings to adopt new and better ways of behavior. I've heard somewhere that once you manage to do or stop doing something for at least 21 days, it's likely that the change will stick. In that spirit, here's a list of resolutions from someone I've long admired, author, songwriter and populist gadfly Woody Guthrie. Feel free to adopt whichever ones you consider to be most appropriate for you:




And then there's that very different (and, frankly, horrifying) set of resolutions from the late Mae West, available for your New Year's Day enjoyment HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment