-->

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Baby Huey's Christmas Eve Visit from Santa

I used to love the Baby Huey cartoons and comic books when I was a child, and so I was delighted when this Baby Huey Christmas short happened to come up in an unrelated search I did on YouTube recently. Huey was supposedly a baby duckling that somehow got to be many times larger than the other ducks his age. Despite his giant size, however, he was incredibly naive and he'd navigate lots of extremely difficult situations in blissful ignorance of the danger around him. I don't think I've thought of Baby Huey since I was 10 or 11, except for the one time Bill Clinton compared himself to the character. "I'm a lot like Baby Huey," he said. "I'm fat. I'm ugly. But if you push me down, I keep coming back." This old clip doesn't seem to be quite as entertaining as I remember the series, but it was fun to see all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment