-->

Monday, November 24, 2014

Louisville's Nick Peay Releases Two New Original Holiday Tunes this Season

A resident of Louisville, Kentucky, singer/songwriter Nick Peay shares my affinity for the music of the 1960s and '70s.  The music of that era meant something, he says. “Nowadays, I don’t feel like musicians stand up for anything. In the society we live in, where everything is so homogenized, being unique is almost frowned upon.” Peay wants his material to reflect who he is and whatever joys and challenges he's experiencing. “I think things would be more interesting if everyone was who they were as opposed to being who they think people expect them to be. I’m just trying to express to people that it’s OK to be who you are.”

Peay has two new holiday songs out this season, the first of which, called "Merry Christmas, Everyone" is slightly reminiscent of John Lennon's early '70s sound  add a children's choir and Yoko Ono and you might think you were listening to the flip side of "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)." It's a pleasant, upbeat song that suggests all is right with the world, or at least it would be if people took its message to heart:


Peay's second new release, "Santa Plays the Ukulele," is an altogether different animal — a fun, almost silly tune that reminds us that whatever else it may be, the holiday season should be a time of unbridled joy:
 

I appreciate Nick's letting me know about these new releases, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment